Along with the Avengers: Endgame hype, Fortnite is giving MARVEL fans a treat with the latest Fortnite 8.50 patch update. The said update is available today and it brings the anticipated Avengers crossover with Avengers: Endgame along with weapons and some in-game tweaks.
Here’s everything you need to know about Fortnite today:
Fortnite x Avengers: Endgame crossover
The biggest part of the 8.50 patch is the inclusion of the Endgame limited-time mode to overlap with the release of Avengers: Endgame. In the mode, players will be sorted onto two teams (Hero and Chitauri) and will have to fight each other to either secure or defend the six Infinity Stones.
Limited-time Mode: Endgame:
- Endgame features a team of heroes fighting to stop Thanos and his Chitauri from claiming all six Infinity Stones.
- Both teams respawn when eliminated until the other side completes their objective.
- On one side is the Hero team. Heroes respawn when eliminated until the enemy team has found all six Infinity Stones.
- Heroes start with a treasure map that leads directly to a Mythic Avengers item.
- Other Avengers items can be found in Chests throughout the map.
- The goal for the Hero team is to destroy the Chitauri army and defeat Thanos.
- Team Thanos is comprised of Chitauri Invaders and Thanos himself.
- Chitauri Invaders start with a powerful laser rifle, an anti-structure grenade attack, and a jetpack that lets them briefly leap high into the air.
- The first Chitauri to recover an Infinity stone will be transformed into Thanos.
- If Thanos is eliminated from the match, another Chitauri will become him after a short wait (unless Thanos is the last one standing).
- If Thanos & the Chitauri find all six Infinity Stones, Heroes will no longer be able to respawn.
- The goal for Thanos and his army is to find the stones and then eliminate the remaining heroes.
- The Hold to Swap functionality is now confirmed upon releasing the “Use” button rather than when initially pressing it. This should help with the issue of accidentally swapping.
- If a player is eliminated by fall damage while inside a vehicle, the player that last damaged that vehicle will receive the credit for that elimination.
- Re-enabled hit markers to be server-side authoritative instead of client-side.
- This will help prevent instances where players see hit markers but no damage.
- Players that were Rebooted into Rifts were teleporting into the sky but would not enter skydiving mode.
- Vehicles weren’t getting impulse away from the Reboot Van.
- Collision for the Reboot Van was not affecting some vehicles, allowing them to hide inside of the Reboot Van.
New Items on the Item Shop:
- Beastmode (1,500 V-bucks)
- Mauler (1,200 V-Bucks)
- Fuel (800 V-Bucks)
- Beastmode Wrap Bundle (600 V-Bucks)
- Dark Vanguard (2,000 V-Bucks)
- Deep Space Lander (1,200 V-Bucks)
- Orbital Shuttle (1,200 V-Bucks)
- Abstrakt (1,500 V-Bucks)
- Snorkel Ops (1,200 V-Bucks)
- Cloud Strike (1,200 V-Bucks)
- Clutch Axe (800 V-Bucks)
- Smooth Moves (800 V-Bucks)
- Wiggle Around (500 V-Bucks)
Google x Avengers: Endgame crossover (thank me later)
Aside from Fortnite, Google Search is also collaborating with the Avengers endgame to bring balance to the web.
All you need to do is go to Google Search and type “Thanos.” Then, click the Infinity Gauntlet image next to the character bio on the right side of the page. The magic happens when the gauntlet snaps.