I do not need to tell you the amazing user flexibility that a rooted Android device delivers by now. I am sure you have read enough articles about the multi-fold awesomeness of rooting. It makes your device yours in the RAWEST sense. You get to build its software from scratch. But just like a house needs a builder to follow your commands and build the house of your dreams, you device needs a builder as well, so that you do not have to do all the dirty work by yourself.
You need an app that gives you a better grip over the freedom that rooting gives. You need an app that holds your hand in the process of building your device according to your wish without letting you go haywire.
The app that you need is Device Control, to help you control your device in a more organised fashion. Device Control is an app to control several features of your device as well as some nice extra features like a Tasker, App Manager, Editors, Entropy Generator, Wireless File manager and more.
With Device Control you can tweak and edit:
– Device specific features like Knock-On, vibration strength, screen colour temperature, LCD power reduce, …
– CPU frequencies, governors, i/o schedulers, …
– GPU frequencies, governors, …
– Kernel specific extras like intelli-plug and intelli-thermal by faux, msm dcvs toggle, mpdecision toggle, power scheduling, power efficient work queues
– Voltage Control, Fast Charge and more
Not just this, Device Control can also manage your CPU and battery temperature, the time in state of your CPU and the maximum, minimum and current frequency as well as the governor of your cpu (fully multicore aware and toggle able auto refreshing intervals).
Apart from managing the above, this app also features a set of extra tools to help you go that extra mile:
– Tasker (automatic fstrimming, screen off and on actions …)
– Example: You can configure it to automatically toggle your cpu’s frequency to a very low value once your screen turns off, to save battery, and restore the value when you are using your phone again.
– Editors (vm, sysctl, build.prop, …)
– Quick tweaks (vm, build.prop, …)
– Wireless File manager, allows you to access your device’s sd card / internal storage via any web browser
– App Manager to view information about the app, kill it, view them on Google Play Store, disable / reenable your apps to prevent them from running and hiding them from launcher
Device Control is a free app that can automatically restore your settings on boot (sections to restore need to be checked in preferences). Thus, this app does not come in the way of your creativity. It just makes the customization of your device easier.
You get to be the architect of the software of your device and leave the rest to this app. In no time, it will turn your device into the desired personality you always wanted it to be with just a few commands.